POF repeater Industry
Connections over long POF distances
The FO Repeater receives light signals, prepares them and sends them back out amplified on the output. By dividing the fiber optic line into several segments POF can also be used to bridge a distance of over 100 meters.
- 2 x FO interface
- Direct connection of the fiber optic cable without a connector
- Alternate names: POF (polymer optical fiber, plastic optical fiber)
Management and connectivity:
- The interface is very easy to install:
- Cut the fiber-optic cable with a sharp knife at right angles.
- Insert into patented adapter of the W&T interface.
- Plug the adapter into the PC.
- That’s it!
- No re-configuration of transmission parameters required
- 100% protection against interfering radiation
- Electrical isolation
- Lightning protection
- 12V-24V AC/DC via plug-in screw terminal
Standards & more
- Conforms to standards both in office and industrial environments:
- High noise resistance per EN 61000-6-2
- Low noise emission per EN 55032:2015 + A1 Cl. B, EN 61000-3-2 & EN 61000-3-3
- 5 year guarantee
The main advantages of plastic optical fiber cables over conventional glass fiber lines are the lower costs for material and the simple installation. Unfortunately, the attenuation of plastic optical fiber cables is considerably higher than that of glass fibers, so that the max. possible transfer distance is only approx. 100 m for physical reasons.
Problems in connection with higher attenuation can be avoided by dividing a long fiber-optic line into short segments with a maximum length of 100 m and by installing one or more repeaters. The repeater regenerates and amplifies the received signals and feeds the data at original intensity level through the fiber.
Connections and displays:
- Fiber-optic cable adapter:
- socket with automatic interlocking of the fiber-optic cable
- Baud rate:
- 0..115,200 baud
- Data format:
- any format
- Supported signals:
- RxD, TxD
- Maximum distance:
- 2 segments with typ. 100 meters fiber optics cable
- Supply voltage:
- 12..24V AC/DC
- Current consumption:
- typ. 60mA @12V DC, 30mA @24V DC
- Supply connection:
- plug-in screw terminal, 5.08mm spacing
- Labeled "L+" and "M"
- Fiber-optic medium:
- Duplex POF cable
- Dimensions 2.2 x 4.4mm
- with a fiber diameter of 1mm
- Material: core: PMMA, cladding: PE
- 1 LED Power
1 LED Data
- 1 LED Power
Housing and other data:
- Plastic housing for top hat rail installation
- 105 x 22 x 75mm (L x W x H)
- Enclosure rating:
- approx. 100g
- Ambient temperature:
- Storage: -40..+70°C
- Operation: 0..+50°C
- Permissible relative humidity:
- 5..95% RH (non-condensing)
- Scope of delivery:
- FO repeater, Industry
- Please order power supplies separately as accessories
* Our offering is intended only for commercial users. We will be happy to refer private end customers to trading partners through whom our products can be purchased.