PCI Express Card 2x RS232/RS422/RS485, 1kV isolated
Two additional serial ports on the PC
The 13631 PCI Express Card provides two selectable serial RS232/RS422/RS485 interfaces with 1kV galvanic isolation.
- 2x RS232/RS422/RS485 interfaces
- 1x 32-bit PCI bus
- Galvanic isolation between the ports
- Isolation voltage 1kV DC
Management and connectivity:
- UART with 128-byte FIFO and DMA capability for relieving the CPU
- Compact "x1" plug-in card for any PCI Express slots
- Compatible with PCI Express Standard 1.1 and PCI Power Management Standard 1.2
- Includes drivers for Windows 9x/NT4.0/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/2008R2/8.1/2012R2/10/2016 and Linux
Standards & more
- Conforms to standards both in office and industrial environments:
- High noise resistance for industrial environments
- Low noise emission for residential and business areas
- 5 year guarantee
PCI Express has almost completely replaced the long-in-the-tooth PCI bus system in current PC designs. There are still PC motherboards which offer slots for both systems, but due to cost and performance considerations current boards are equipped almost exclusively with PCI Express slots.
PCI Express is not a traditional PC bus system in which all plug-in cards are in parallel with the majority of bus lines. PCI Express is rather a star type wiring technique using a point-to-point connection between the PC and plug-in card to allow significantly greater transmission speeds than a bus solution with parallel wired slots would be able to process.
Data transmission to the plug-in cards in PCI Express is serial using differential wire pairs, so-called "lanes", which run at a speed of 2.5 or 5 GB/s. For cards with high data throughput (graphics and network cards, hard drive controllers), multiple lanes are routed to a slot, whereas cards with less complexity get by easily with one lane.
The PCI Express standard enables solutions in which one (x1), four (x4), eight (x8) or 16 (x16) lanes are routed to a slot, with the connectors differing in the mechanical configuration, pin configuration and load capacity of the supply voltage.
The mechanical coding of cards and connectors ensures however that short cards can be easily used in long slots. For example, a x1 card can be used in a x4, x8 or x16 slot.
Connections and displays:
|PCIe port:||PCIe 1.1 / "x1" connector|
|Serial port:||2x RS232-, RS422-, RS485 interfaces, selectable
9-pin SUB-D adapter
|Operating modes:||RS232, RS422
RS485 2-/4-wire with handshake
RS485 2-/4-wire with automatic control
|Maximum baud rate:||RS232: 1Mbaud
RS422, RS485: 3Mbaud
|Data format:||any format|
|Signals:||RS232: RxD, TxD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI
RS422: RxD, TxD, CTS, DTR (RTS)
RS485: RxD, TxD
|Handshake:||No, RTS/CTS, Xon/Xoff|
|UART:||Oxford OXPCIe954 with 128 bytes FIFO|
|Galvanic isolation:||Isolation voltage min. 1kV DC
between PC and serial ports
|Supply voltage:||3.3V DC, 12V DC|
|Current consumption:||typ. 200mA @ 3.3V
typ. 100mA @ 12V
Housing and other data:
|Dimensions:||120 x 120mm (W x H)|
|Ambient temperature:||Storage: -40..+70°C
|Permissible relative humidity:||5..95% RH, non-condensing|
|Scope of delivery:||PCIe card 2x RS232/RS422/RS485
Quick start manual
product CD with manual, German/English
* Our offering is intended only for commercial users. We will be happy to refer private end customers to trading partners through whom our products can be purchased.