EPP/ECP/Bitronics 2 Computer Adapter
2 PCs share a bi-directional printer.
- Share a printer between several PCs.
- Includes all bi-directional functions (e.g. EPP, ECP, Bitronics, IEEE P1284).
- Share without any hassle
- Works like a multi-socket power extension
- No separate power supply necessary
- No manual operation or driver
- Automatic switching on "first come, first served" basis
- Transfer rate equivalent to that through direct cabling
- The most cost-effective way to accelerate your computer network
- Print data is processed outside the network
The automatic switching device relieves your network from unnecessary data loads. The main advantage of the switching system over a network installation of the printer is the fact that no network capacity is utilized for printing, as data is exchanged directly between the PC and the printer.
In connection with printer servers, the fact that the entire network up to the next bridge is utilized by the print data is often overlooked. While this normally did not result in any problems with 300 dpi printing quality, modern printers with 600 or even 1200 dpi require 4 x or 16 x greater data volumes. If the printing is in color, print files easily reach sizes of up to 30 MB.
To print one single such page, a typical network is fully utilized for 60 seconds, which leads to longer response times for the other network users. We therefore recommend using the W&T switching device wherever this is possible!
- Shared data:
- Power supply:
- through Centronics signals
- generally no external power adapter required
- Current consumption:
- approx. 0.5 mA
- P1284/EPP modes:
- all 1284 operating modes
- (compatible, nibble, EPP, ECP mode)
- Switching time:
- adjustable between 5 and 60 seconds
- Transfer rate:
- equivalent to max. computer transfer rate
- EPP/ECP/Bitronics 2 computer adapter, #25215
- 2x 36-pin Centronics sockets with 0.5m cable each
- 36-pin Centronics adapter, switch
- Can be plugged directly to the printer
- Plastic housing, 75x61x20 mm
- approx. 220 g
- Scope of delivery:
- 1 x EPP/ECP/Bitronics 2 computer adapter
- EPP/ECP/Bitronics 4 computer adapter, #25415
- 4 x 36-pin Centronics socket
- 25-pin SUB-D socket
- Plastic housing, 124x74x21 mm
- approx. 380 g incl. cable
- Scope of delivery:
- 1 x EPP/ECP/Bitronics 4 computer adapter
- 1x printer cable for connection of printer