20mA <> POF interface for Siemens S5
PC/PLC connection via fiber-optic cable
- Conversion from 20mA to FO cable
- Plug compatible with Siemens S5
- Easier installed than any copper cable, thanks to patented FOC adapter
- The interface is very easy to install:
- Cut the fiber-optic cable with a sharp knife at right angles.
- Insert end into the patented adapter of the W&T interface.
- Plug into control system.
- That’s it!
- 100% protection against interfering radiation
- No setting of the transmission parameters necessary
- Conforms to standards both in office and industrial environments:
- Increased noise immunity for industrial areas
- Stricter noise emission for residential and commercial areas
Every electrical device generates electromagnetic waves, be it directly (e.g. mobile phone, radio, TV) or as a "by-product". Most affected are thereby other electronic devices, which can be severely disrupted by such radiation, even if they themselves generate electromagnetic waves. This whole issue is referred to as electromagnetic compatibility. Fiber-optic cables do not transmit or generate electromagnetic waves. They also electrically isolate the connected devices.
- Baud rate:
- 110..115,200 baud
- Data format:
- any format
- Transfer distance:
- max. 100 m
- Signal lines:
- RxD+/-, TxD+/- (full duplex)
- Power supply:
- via S5 interface
- 20mA adapter:
- 15-pin SUB-D plug,
- ready for connection to Siemens S5
- Fiber-optic cable adapter:
- integrated socket with
- automatic interlocking of the fiber-optic cable
- Ambient temperature:
- Storage: -40..+70°C
- Operation: 0..+50°C
- SUB-D plug housing, 31x55x15mm
- approx. 30 g
- Scope of delivery:
- 1 x FOC <> 20mA interface for Siemens S5