USB Server Megabit 2.0
USB devices anywhere in the network
The USB-Server Megabit 2.0 is an industrial grade solution for integrating USB devices into the network using TCP/IP-Ethernet. The USB devices connected to the USB-Server behave just as if they were connected directly to your Windows PC.
- 2x USB 2.0
- Simultaneous connection of PC A to USB1 and PC B to USB2 is possible
- Both ports can handle up to 500mA loads
- A USB hub supports up to 8 USB devices
- 1x Ethernet 100BaseT
Management and connectivity:
- Remote configuration
- Startup using WuTility
- Fully USB 2.0 compatible
- Supports all USB modes (Control, Bulk, Interrupt, Isochron)
- USB Redirector implemented as a Windows kernel-mode driver
- 7/2008R2/8/2012/8.1/2012R2/10 incl. server-, 64-bit editions and virtual systems
- Communication even without user login
- Intuitive graphical configuration tool
- Additional command line tool for batch/script-controlled device incorporation
- Fully TCP/IP support incl. routing and DNS
- Increased data throughput
- Network connection via Megabit-Ethernet
- Lower latency times thanks to powerful hardware platform
- External supply
- Screw terminals, 24 - 48V DC
- Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)
Standards & more
- Conforms to standards both in office and industrial environments:
- High noise resistance for industrial environments
- Low noise emission for residential and business areas
- 5 year guarantee
Windows USB Redirector
Install the USB Director for Windows and incorporate your USB device using the USB Redirector - it’s that simple! Whether using as a replacement for missing hardware USB ports, as a solution for virtual environments such as VMware, HyperV etc., or as a simple line driver, your USB communication is network-ready immediately.
The small box contains everything needed for redirecting USB devices into the network. Whether used as any desired extension over your network, or together with other user devices such as scanners, printers, dongles, measuring devices etc.: any USB device connected to the USB-Server Megabit behaves just as if it were connected directly to your Windows PC. Support for all USB modes ensures trouble-free communication with both traditional USB devices and isochron devices in audio, video and measurement technology. We can omit a list of compatible devices - any means any.
On the software side the USB Redirector for Windows implemented as a core driver integrates the virtual USB ports into the Windows plug-and-play system. As with local installations, the USB device can thereby be used on the operating system even without a user login. The USB-Server Megabit supports cross-network, routed connections and includes functions for ensuring automatic resuming of communication after network disturbances and interruptions.
Redirect the valuable dongle to the secure server room and allow users to access it through the network.
Integrate actual USB devices (measuring technology, card readers etc.) into virtual machines running VMWare, HyperV, VirtualBox etc.
Operate the USB device at virtually any distance from the computer
Use the network to create galvanic isolation between PC and USB device and thereby prevent ground loops and undesired compensation currents.
We stand by our word: "We’re compatible with everything." If your very particular USB device with is very special driver and very special version status in fact won’t run, we will perform an exact analysis of why your USB device is so unusual. As a rule, at this point we are able to change the behavior of our USB server such that it will also run with your device. If that doesn’t succeed, you will receive a detailed technical error analysis. This you can use as needed for solving the problem together with the manufacturer of your USB device.
Connections and displays:
|USB ports:||2 x USB A ports (500mA)|
|USB speed:||1.5/12/480 Mbit/s [Low-/Full-/Highspeed]|
|Galvanic isolation:||Network connection: min. 1500 volts|
|Power supply:||Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) or
DC 24V ... 48V (+/-10%) on screw terminal
|Current draw||PoE Class 3 (6.49W – 12.95W)
Ext. feed (24V DC) without USB devices: typ. 120mA
Ext. feed (24V DC) with 2 USB devices each 2.5W: typ. 420mA
|Supply connection:||Plug-in screw terminal|
|LED indicators||System: Status and Error
Network: Link and Data
USB: Status and Error (each port)
Housing and other data:
|Housing:||Plastic compact housing for top-hat rail mount
|Ambient temperature||Storage: -40 ... +85°C
Operation in non-adjacent installation: 0 ... +50°C
|Permissible relative humidity:||5 ... 95% relative humidity, non-condensing|
|Scope of delivery:||1x USB-Server Megabit 2.0
1x Quick Guide in German/English
* Our offering is intended only for commercial users. We will be happy to refer private end customers to trading partners through whom our products can be purchased.