Switch using the SIP Ring Switch when a call is made
The SIP Ring Switch registers with the telephone system like an IP telephone. It can also represent multiple extensions.
By creating an action you can determine what happens when a number stored in the SIP Ring Switch is called. Following are some of the possibilities:
- An output is turned on for the duration of the call
- An output is turned on with the incoming call
A second call number can be used to turn the output off
or reached via the web interface of the SIP Ring Switch
- An output is turned on when a call comes in and turns off
automatically after a configurable time
- An output changes its switching state each time a call comes in
To protect from unauthorized switching you can specify from which station connection switching is allowed. Of course several authorized stations or entire groups can also be stored.
In addition, a call can also trigger sending of an http(s) request to a third device where certain functions such as positioning of a web camera are performed.
Other actions can be used to send emails when certain outputs are switched. By writing a log file via FTP you can record when an output was switched.
- Triggering alarms by switching signal lamps, horns, bells or sirens
- Remote opening of doors, gates or barriers
- Controlling interior or exterior lighting