Interface - plastic fiber optic <> RS232, DB25 socket, DCE
Faster to install than copper cable
The model 81025 Interface transmits serial RS232 data via plastic duplex fiber over a distance of up to 100 meters. The converter powers itself from the serial port and so usually requires no additional power supply.
- RS232 Interface
- 25-pin SUB-D female
- Fiber optics interface
- Direct connection of the fiber optic cable without a connector
- Alternate names: POF (polymer optical fiber, plastic optical fiber)
Management and connectivity:
- The interface is very easy to install:
- Cut the fiber-optic cable with a sharp knife at right angles.
- Insert into patented adapter of the W&T interface.
- Plug the adapter into the PC.
- That’s it!
- No re-configuration of transmission parameters required
- 100% protection against interfering radiation
- Electrical isolation
- Lightning protection
- No additional power source required
Standards & more
- Conforms to standards both in office and industrial environments:
- High noise resistance per EN 61000-6-2
- Low noise emission per EN 55032:2015 + A1 Cl. B, EN 61000-3-2 & EN 61000-3-3
- 5 year guarantee
The model 81025 Interface powers itself from the signal lines of the serial interface and generally requires no additional power source when operating on standard RS232 interfaces.
If however there are supply problems due to low-power interfaces, it is always possible to externally power the interface with up to 9V using its handshake inputs, or to use fiber-optic interfaces having their own power supply (e.g. model 81201).
Connections and displays:
- Serial port:
- RS232 Interface
- 25-pin SUB-D female with DCE pinout
- Fiber-optic cable adapter:
- socket with automatic interlocking of the fiber-optic cable
- Baud rate:
- 110..115,200 baud
- Data format:
- any format
- Supported signals:
- RxD, TxD
- Maximum distance:
- typ. 100 meters fiber optics cable
- (when operating on RS232 ports with MC1488 driver chips and with handshake lines connected)
- Power supply:
- Generally from the RS232 signals
- For low-power versions of the serial port external supplying of the interfaces via handshake inputs with up to 9V DC is possible
- Fiber-optic medium:
- Duplex plastic optical fiber cable
- Dimensions 2.2 x 4.4mm
- with a fiber diameter of 1mm
- Material: core: PMMA, cladding: PE
- approx. 660nm
Housing and other data:
- SUB-D adapter housing
- Enclosure rating:
- approx. 30g
- Ambient temperature:
- Storage: -40..+70°C
- Operation: 0..+50°C
- Scope of delivery:
- Interface plastic fiber optics <> RS232, 25-pin DCE
- Mini Gender Changer male/male
* Our offering is intended only for commercial users. We will be happy to refer private end customers to trading partners through whom our products can be purchased.