Interface - plastic fiber optic <> RS232 with DB9 socket Low Power
Low Power version for distances < 20 meters
Interface model 81029 transmits serial RS232 data iva plastic duplex fiber optics cable over a distance of up to 20 meters. The converter is powered from the serial port and needs no additional power supply.
- RS232 Interface
- 9-pin SUB-D socket
- Fiber optics interface
- Direct connection of the fiber optic cable without a connector
- Alternate names: POF (polymer optical fiber, plastic optical fiber)
Management and connectivity:
- Version with reduced power consumption
- Transmission length 0 to 20 meters. Greater distances are possible using the 81009 model.
- The interface is very easy to install:
- Cut the fiber-optic cable with a sharp knife at right angles.
- Insert into patented adapter of the W&T interface.
- Plug the adapter into the PC.
- That’s it!
- No re-configuration of transmission parameters required
- 100% protection against interfering radiation
- Electrical isolation
- Lightning protection
- No additional power source required
Standards & more
- Conforms to standards both in office and industrial environments:
- High noise resistance per EN 61000-6-2
- Low noise emission per EN 55032:2015 + A1 Cl. B, EN 61000-3-2 & EN 61000-3-3
- 5 year guarantee
The model 81029 Interface offers in addition to the other fiber optic compact interfaces a 9-pin special version whose transmission range is limited to 0 to 20m, but which only loads the connected RS232 interface with a current of about 2mA. With this version it is also possible to operate on less powerful RS232 interfaces without connecting an additional power source.
Connections and displays:
- Serial port:
- RS232 Interface
- 9-pin SUB-D female, ready to connect to a PC
- Fiber-optic cable adapter:
- socket with automatic interlocking of the fiber-optic cable
- Baud rate:
- 110..115,200 baud
- Data format:
- any format
- Supported signals:
- RxD, TxD
- Maximum distance:
- typ. 20 meters of fiber optic cable
- Power supply:
- through the RS232 signals
- Fiber-optic medium:
- Duplex plastic optical fiber cable
- Dimensions 2.2 x 4.4mm
- with a fiber diameter of 1mm
- Material: core: PMMA, cladding: PE
- approx. 660nm
Housing and other data:
- SUB-D adapter housing
- Enclosure rating:
- approx. 30g
- Ambient temperature:
- Storage: -40..+70°C
- Operation: 0..+50°C
- Scope of delivery:
- Plastic optical fiber cable <> RS232 interface, 9-pin for PC
* Our offering is intended only for commercial users. We will be happy to refer private end customers to trading partners through whom our products can be purchased.