Overcome your prejudice against fiber optics!
- Plastic fiber optic cables can be routed almost exactly like copper cable with no special precautions. Only the minimum permissible bending radius has to be observed.
- The desired cable length can in most applications be cut simply using a common box cutter. No polishing or other treatment of the cut surface is necessary. Only when long cable lengths are required is a perfect cut required in order to minimize light attenuation. But for this purpose W&T offers a cutting tool which makes it possible to achieve very precise cuts with minimal effort.
- Simply insert the cut end of the fiber optics into the self-locking clamp of the device - no more stripping, soldering, short circuits, etc.
- Compact and economical fiber optic interfaces convert the fiber optic signals into traditional RS232, RS422 , RS485 or 20mA signals.
- Fiber optic cable can be purchased in 500m rolls at a price per meter which is comparable with copper cable.
- The use of fiber optics for data transmission recommended not only in new installations, but also when retrofitting. Even partial use of fiber optics in problematic sections is possible, leaving the rest of the installation untouched.
Here are a few product examples:
Self-powered interfaces for coupling RS232 interfaces to fibre optics
Fiber optic interfaces for DIN rail mount
Plastic fiber optics at inexpensive meter pricing
Cutting tool for plastic fiber optic cable