Applications for the Web-IO Digital:
Enter operating data
Registering the running times and material usage of a CNC machine
Definition of tasks
The running times and material usage of a CNC machine are to be maintained in a database on a central server. In addition, the supervising foreman is to be notified if the material depot of the machine is used up.
The floating contacts for machine run, material replenishment and depot filling were connected with the inputs of a Web-IO 12+12 Digital. The existing database application was extended by the facility of directly retrieving signal states and counter readings of the Web-IO via TCP / IP sockets. An alarm is configured in the Web-IO that sends an e-mail to the service personnel if the material depot needs to be filled.
1. The required outputs of the CNC machine were connected to digital outputs of a Web-IO.
2. The Web-IO was plugged into a free Ethernet port and connected to a power supply.
3. The Web-IO was assigned an IP address.
4. An alarm was installed via the browser. If no material is available, this alarm automatically sends an e-mail to the service personnel.
5. The database application of the company was extended so as to indicate states and counter readings of the inputs of the Web-IO directly via TCP / IP sockets.
BDE / MDE in practice
A database solution based on Web-IO technology for machine data acquisition is offered by Heuser Datenbank-Applikationen. Detailed information available as a PDF flyer or at: www.myhda.de.
By using a Web-IO with additional Com-server functionality, the serial programming interface of the CNC machine can be contacted via the network. If this interface is integrated with the aid of the W&T COM rerouting as a virtual COM port on the PC of the foreman, then he could effortlessly load these new programs from his desk.